Year 2 have enjoyed doing maths in the playground this week. The children began by reminding themselves of their measuring skills. They looked at some measurements and were able to convert this from metres to centimetres and vice versa.
The children then went into the playground and in groups they took part in the following activities;
* How far can you throw the beanbag?
* How far can you throw the javelin?
* How far can you jump with 2 feet?
* How far can you leap with 1 foot?
* How close to the beanbag can you roll the ball?
The children all worked very well in their groups and were very accurate with their measurements …